CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Meaningful

Our anniversary was a few weeks ago. I admit, the thought of spending the day without my guy right here beside me was unsettling. Then Cousin Joann (a wise woman who is, thank God, recovering beautifully from her medical issue!) said, "Do what's meaningful. Ignore the rest and focus on what means the most."

So, that morning I headed straight for this little bulb garden. It was a gift from my husband and is one of my favorite spots here on the farm. But in the year we'd been gone, the weeds had taken over.

We battled so much...you don't think weeds can scare me, do you?

I spent hours working on the spring garden. By the time I wiped my hands on my dirty jeans, I was at peace, content and very satisfied with what I'd done.

These are the photos from that day. You can see how things went from awful to orderly. I bought a new bag of mulch to put down but it's been raining so that's still on the to-do list. And as soon as it stops raining, I'll take photos of what's blooming there now.

Meaningful moments here on the farm. Anything happening in your backyard?








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your cousin sounds like a wise woman!

Sue W.

Dru said...

your cousin is wise.

Marianne Arkins said...

Weeding is one of those things I find very zen .... it's a quiet, introspective time, but it accomplishes much and it's satisfying. I think it was a wonderful choice for your meaninful day.

(((hugs)))

Melissa McClone said...

I agree with the others. A wise cousin you have!