CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Snow Day

Yes, you read right. It's snowing here. And guess what? It's sticking.

Oh. Happy. Day.

I'm hoping the temperature rises a little, so this mess will melt. Fingers crossed! Until then, I'm averting my eyes when I pass the windows.

Did anyone watch Dancing With the Stars last night? Vito and I never watched scheduled television, opting instead to view movies so this is a new thing for me. I've got to admit, I'm hooked. I love dancing and it's great to see the weekly evolution of the players.

Of course, I felt awful for Kirstie Alley when she and her partner fell. But talk about grace under pressure. They got right up and danced beautifully! Way to go!

Today, some household chores. Then, a bit of sewing this afternoon.

Yesterday I fiddled with an idea, then made my first messenger-style bag. I cut and recut, stitched, tore out and restitched, but I'm finally happy with the proportions. This afternoon I'll make a second one, just to see how long it takes to construct when I'm not trying to get the measurements down. Now I'll just look at my notes, and hopefully this will go together fairly quickly.

What's on your agenda for today? Want some snow?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my dear friend, I feel for you regarding the snow. And I feel bad for complaining about our rain, rain, RAIN, because despite the cool wet, we have daffodils and leaves and cherry blossoms coming out. Okay, enough said. Love the messenger bag, by the way!

Long and Short Reviews said...

Oh sweetie... BAD mother nature!!! We're getting lots of rain today, but no snow thankfully. I'll send warm thoughts your way.

I love all the things you're sewing! I'm seriously envious of your talent.

Long and Short Reviews said...

Oops ... just realized I was in my wrong email. You know it's Marianne, right? *G*

I'm too many people and sometimes I can't keep track.

Anonymous said...

You must be sick of snow by now. Does it ever end where you are? Do you want to come here with us for awhile? I think I should rescue you!!

Love the bag. I want one!!

Sue W.

Melissa McClone said...

Hugs on the snow. I'd take some for you if I could.

That bag is so cute! I really like it! More items to add to your store!

Dru said...

I love messenger bags. We'll have to talk.

Sorry that you're still getting snow. I hope it ends soon.

Thinking of you.