CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wet Wednesday

Rain, rain go away,
Come again another day...

Feeling kind of waterlogged here. Really, it's been cold and drizzly for days. Know what that means? My yardwork to-do list is gathering dust. And, I can see the weeds growing in our flowerbeds.

But you know what? I'm not perturbed a bit by Mother Nature's antics. Not today, anyway.

Acceptance, that's what I'm feeling. It's such a small thing, this weedy sogginess. And, it alleviates any guilt I'd be feeling for ignoring the weeds in favor of...

Drum roll, please!

...writing!

Yes, that's right. I did it, I actually did it. I began something new--in a full-on, committed way. The first page was the hardest but now that I'm deep into Chapter 2 I'm fine.

I worried I'd forgotten how to write. Now it seems a silly, embarrassing admission but there you have it. The unvarnished truth.

Kind of pleased by the raindrops, now that I think of it. Come on, weeds, make yourselves at home this afternoon. I'm writing, and don't give a fig what you're doing!

What about you? Any plans for this sweet Wednesday?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this news. You are really writing. Ahead of schedule in my view. Keep it up!!

Sue W.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear this. Want to read a new romance--or is it a mystery?

Jess

Wendy said...

YAY!!!!

Dru said...

YAY!!

Sarita Leone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarita Leone said...

Oh you are all fabulous. I need encouragement, thank you!

I love you gals!