CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time Out

That's how I feel about what I'm about to do, like I'm giving myself a Time Out. Only, instead of sitting myself in a chair facing a corner, I am using this TO to get something (hopefully!) good done.

Let me back up...

I've been working on a new novel, titled Madcapped. It's been going well, and I'm pleased with the characters and the way the plot is unwinding. No complaints. An added bonus? The story is off-beat, with quirky characters who make me laugh. All good, right?

But...

I've got a half-complete manuscript that I want to find a home for. I had forgotten about it, truthfully. A couple of days ago I discovered it when I was looking for something else and it's been on my mind ever since. Just begging to be addressed, you know? Just screaming to be finished. The characters? They're howling for closure.

I can't ignore them. I've tried, but they just won't shut up.

So, a Time Out.

If you could give yourself a Time Out to address something, what would it be? And...why don't you do just that? That way we'd be in Time Out together. ;-)

Hope you have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To sleep! I would love a time out to sleep!

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

I'm with Pam. I'd sleep. But I have too much to do and kids to take care of and books to write to do that.

Dru said...

Sometimes I need a time out from every day happenings.