CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Big Switch

Ah...crocuses are popping up here in the northeast...songbirds are returning from winter hideaways...an occasional warm breeze caresses the gray, slushy snowpiles surrounding every parking lot...yes, the signs of spring's approach are all around us.

Me? I know for sure it's nearly spring. How do I know? Because I'm contemplating getting out my spring/summer clothing and pushing the winter stuff to the back of the closet. I'm lucky in that I've got one of those big walk-in closets so all I've got to do is switch clothes from one point to another but with the big switch comes that awful, sinking-stomach feeling. You know the one, don't you? It accompanies the realization that summer clothing is not made out of down or corduroy, and therefore doesn't do much good at hiding the extra slice of cake or dish of ice cream that was a winter must-have...you do get those feelings too, don't you?

Please say you do.

Well, I do. And although the past few months have done a great job of paring extra pounds off my butt (hospital food, snowclearing and wood hauling, remember?) I still have that wobbly feeling in my tummy when I think of pulling on shorts and swimsuits.

I fell off Melissa's challenge plan last Saturday, when I actually fell on the ice and wrenched my back. I'm totally bummed about it, since I loved the feeling of accomplishment every day brought. (I was also ticked off at falling, and swore in several languages to make that point clear. Thankfully I was all alone on the ice when it happened, so no one heard. And you won't tell, will you?) I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up so I'm contemplating starting over on March 1st, just beginning at one again and working my way up to one hundred that way.

And speaking of exercise, I saw this and it made me smile. I hope it makes you smile, too!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.


Now that I've confessed I'm going to do the closet switch today and tomorrow, I'm wondering what you've got planned. Anything you'd care to share?

Whatever you do, I hope it doesn't give you a case of the collywobbles. I've got a big enough dose for both of us, just by looking at last year's shorts! *G*

4 comments:

Amy said...

So sorry you fell! Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Don't start over....just start catching up. For instance, I started late, so I do that day, plus one or two days that I missed. Like yesterday I did days 25 & 26 (or 3 sets of 17), today I will do 27 & 11 & 10. I should be caught up in another three or four days. But that way, you can stay with the group and not have to start over.

It's still too cold here to even cotemplate switching out the clothes, but based on how big some of my winter clothes are getting, I think I'm going to meet the dark side of weight loss when it comes time for the big switch: SHOPPING.

I am in DIY hell, right now, though. So surviving until spring is iffy at best anyway...

Melissa McClone said...

Hugs on falling!

Don't start over. Just add a few more each day. You'll be caught up in no time. I forgot to do them a day and just broke those up. With more, just break'em even more. Add 5 a day and you'll have 'em in in no time.

Dru said...

Sorry that you fell. I hope you're okay, especially your back.

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for since January. I will be at my embroidery class. I just took out my stuff to admire it. I'll bring my camera and if no one objects, I'll take pictures of my progress.

Feel better and have a good weekend.

Kara Lynn Russell said...

Spring? Are you kidding? We have at least another month of winter here in Wisconsin. It's not uncommon to have to wear one's winter coat to Easter services.

Sorry about your back, Sarita. I hope you're all better soon.

Kara