CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

From the Farm

Just a quick note before I head outside to battle the white stuff. You know, the white stuff.

And I don't mean marshmallows.

One of the interesting things about living in the middle of nowhere, a spot where we get walloped big time by the white stuff, is that there are special moments hidden amidst the flakes and squalls. Just yesterday I saw...


Do you see that little red blob?
Look closely...
see it?
A cardinal!
(It's probably wondering what it's doing stuck in snowland.)

And this.
Sorry to get the rump shot,
but I was too far away to ask the deer to pose.
I love looking up toward the edge of the forest.
You never know what you'll see.
Hope you have a great weekend...one filled with unexpected pleasures!

3 comments:

Dru said...

wow, perhaps the cardinal got lost on his way.

Have a good weekend!

Marianne Arkins said...

LOL... I <3 my cardinals. I have a pair who come visit at dawn and dusk.

Happy snow-clearing. Blech.

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, wonder what it was doing there.

Enjoy your weekend!