CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Birdwaiting

In case you haven't yet noticed, I'm a cat. And, in spite of the fact that I'm--if I do say so myself--a pretty savvy feline, I'm still a cat where it counts--at heart. So, I take delight in doing some cat-ish (never catty!) things, like birdwatching.

But, in the throes of winter, there are very few birds to be watched, aside from the turkeys. And really, once you've seen one turkey you've pretty much seen them all, don't you think?

So I am waiting. Waiting to watch.

My favorites...




The red-winged blackbird.
Fearless.
Prone to admonishing cats who get too
near their nests.
Gotta respect that kind of territoriality.
Bluebird.
Very friendly, even with felines.
Now, that's my kind of neighbor!
Finch.
Love, love, LOVE these!
They look like balls of sunshine, don't they?

I suppose I can see why the bluebirds are snowbirds.

The puple martin igloos...uh, houses.

Sheesh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Piglet, spring is just around the corner (I hope).

Marianne Arkins said...

Most of the pretty birds go away in the winter, and the pretty ones who stay aren't pretty (except the cardinals). So, I completely understand.

Dru said...

Just give it six weeks..then spring will be on its way.

Melissa McClone said...

Watch, huh? LOL! Don't worry. Your buffet will be back soon!