CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rest

What have you got planned for today? Have you plans? Or are you just going to kick back and take the day as it comes?

I've decided that today I'm going to do nothing. Really. Nothing. I mean it.

All right, I can hear you laughing.

But that's the plan for the day. Rest, and lots of it. Why? I woke this morning and decided I needed a day off. One to do...nothing--or as close to nothing as I get.

I figure I'm going to hang around by the fireplace. (Because it's snowing so hard I can barely see the barn but we're not going to talk about that today. No mention of that s-word this morning, all right?) I'm going to read. A lot. Watch movies. Read some more. This afternoon I'll bake brownies. With nuts. Or maybe without nuts, who knows? And then I'll read a few more pages. Or maybe I'll take a nap. Or...well, the day's open to all sorts of nothingness, isn't it?

Whatever you've got up your sleeve, I hope you enjoy every moment of this day.

Me? I'll be the one resting...

2 comments:

Dru said...

I'm with you on doing nothing. I had to run into the city but decided that since the skies were cloudy, I would rather sit in my recliner with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate.

Enjoy your do-nothing day.

Melissa McClone said...

Enjoy your rest. I'm working on my new project. I have a synopsis to write!