CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reading?

I'll admit it. I'm having concentration issues. I'm told it's perfectly normal given the circumstances, this difficulty focusing. I imagine it will pass. Eventually.

Until then, I've got a growing pile of books on the family room coffee table. I should've taken a picture, just so you'd see how ridiculous it is. Don't get me wrong; it's not like the pile towers or anything. I'd say there are four or five--okay, maybe a half-dozen--books that have been opened, with a chapter or two read, then discarded. Why? They just didn't hold my attention. Now, I know it's not the fault of any of the books. At another time I'd dive into any of them. But now, I lose the thread of the story if it doesn't come at me hard, grab me and hold me tight.

The only book I can remember finishing during these last weeks was The Lost Valentine. Or was it The Last Valentine? That's it--it was The Last Valentine.

See what I mean? Concentration issues.

Anyhow, I couldn't put that one down. Loved it. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest picking up a copy. It is good. The Hallmark movie is out on DVD, also. I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but when I do I'm going to pick that up. I think I could watch it again and again. I love Betty White, and the story is good, besides.

So...what are you reading? I'm up for suggestions!

Hope you have a peaceful day. Here, it's rainy and drab, the perfect day for reading by the fire. I know, it's supposed to be spring but it feels more fall-ish. Maybe I'll grab The Last Valentine and read it again. At least I know I'll get escape into a good read...

3 comments:

Dru said...

Having just read 4 books over the weekend , I think you would like Carpe Bead 'Em by Tonya Kappes. Right now it's available as an ebook, but the print version is coming soon.

Right now I'm finishing the last couple of chapters of Evil Eclair by Jessica Beck.

Have a great day. We have rain, all day.

Marianne Arkins said...

I haven't found many books to hold my attention lately and find myself returning to old favorites instead.

Hang in there, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Again, keep your chin up Sarita. Things will get better.

Sue W.