CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Turtle Tuesday

I've got to say, I love daffodils. Yesterday I walked through the property and gathered a huge bouquet. They were the first things I saw when I came downstairs this morning. What a cheery way to begin the day!

No surprise...it's another rainy morning here in upstate New York. I almost expect to see gray skies and stormy clouds when I open the blinds now.

Mother Nature, send out the sun!

My plans for the day? Writing (I've been slacking, choosing instead to weed) and baking. It seems like the perfect sort of day for another crusty loaf of beer bread. Love the way the house smells when bread's in the oven, and it doesn't get any easier than the four-ingredient beer bread!

What about you? Got anything special on your to-do list?






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you carrying on so well. Baking bread and enjoying flowers. Keep it up, Sarita!

Sue

Jennifer Shirk said...

I love the smell of bread baking too. It just makes a house homey.
I just finished a beta read for a friend so I'm taking it easy now. :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Daffodils are so happy ... I really do love them :-)

And there's nothing like the smell of fresh-baked bread (in fact, realtors suggest you bake bread right before a showing if you're trying to sell your house -- that's how attractive it is!).

Hope the rain clears up for you soon.

Dru said...

I think we're getting your rain tonight.

Love the smell of anything baking.

Nothing much going on in my world.