CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Delish!

So, the weekend...

Lots of gardening. Updates and photos will be shared soon.

Yesterday, baking Friendship Bread. My dear friend Penny brought this little container of starter about eleven days ago. I've stirred, watched and added ingredients.

Finally, I had to use it.

Looks pretty small, doesn't it?

Looks can be deceiving!


That little blue-topped container separated into four batches. Three, for friends.



One for me, to continue the baking adventure...



I measured and added. Stirred...



An hour later, two loaves of yummy goodness.



Interested in baking your own loaf of Amish Friendship Bread? This link will give you all the details.


I tell you, I love a loaf of good bread!

Considering coffee and tea options now. More news on that front in the next few days.

Hope your Monday is a peaceful one!

13 comments:

Wendy said...

I haven't done the friendship bread thing for years and years. If I were closer, I'd come begging for one those extras you have. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I just googled this and am in amazement at the recipe variations. Some sound scrummy! I would love to share a loaf with you.

Sue

Unknown said...

I am going to try this. Thank you for the link to the recipe!

Mary said...

Count me in on this great looking loaf. I'd love a slice!!

Mary said...

You have me wildly curious about the coffee and tea. Whatever do you have in mind?

Unknown said...

Delish indeed!! Mary's right. What are you cooking up with tea?

Anonymous said...

This looks like a nice thing to do on a cold day. Here it's turning cold so some bread would warm us right up.

So glad you share the recipe. The link has loads of info.

Coffee and tea next, eh?

Can't wait to see whats brewing! HA!


Addy :o)

Jess said...

Now you've got me dreaming of bread. I will go to the bakery. Not as baker-ish as you are, LOL.

Maria Zannini said...

Sarita, I had a totally different blog address for recipes. When I didn't see anything new, I thought you had given up blogging.

Glad you found me so I could find your latest blog.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you doing some of the stuff you love. Baking is a good sign. Keep it up, honey. I'm pulling for you!!!

Karen

Dru said...

I don't think I've ever had home-made bread. Yours look delicious.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of friendship bread but it looks sooooooooooooo good. I LOVE homemade bread so I'm sure to love this one.
Aussie Jude x

Marianne Arkins said...

I actually make pancakes out of the batter .... with some adjustments. It's gives such a great sourdough-type taste. Mmmmm....

I have some starter in my freezer. I may have to use it!