CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Bunny at Midnight

Oh, insomnia, how friendly we've become. AHH!

For the second night in a row, I've slept for under three hours. The first night I watched infomercials by firelight. Last night, I had no patience for that so I headed for the kitchen.

I didn't want to begin anything huge, but I needed to do something.

Yesterday I picked up a chocolate bunny at the grocery store. It was a steal I couldn't resist. I eyed it, wondering what I could do with it.

I love dried cranberries, and I'd bought them also. So...cranberries and bunny?

Cranberry Bunny Clusters

1 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
8 ounces chocolate, chopped. Bunnies melt just fine!

Combine the almonds and cranberries.

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.

Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over slightly simmering water. Stir frequently.

When chocolate is melted, add the cranberries and nuts.

Spoon out heaping clusters of the mixture onto the waxed paper. Put the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.

Store and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!


I should've taken a picture. Now, there's not enough left to make a decent photo, sorry!

Today I plan to get to work in the blueberry garden, weeding and mulching. I figure I could use the exercise after eating fruit and bunny in the wee hours.

What about you? Any plans?

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh insomnia is the worst. I hope your sleep gets better.

I love any kind of chewy fruit, nuts and chocolate combo. sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a super recipe. My kids will love it!

Keep counting sheep. It will work sooner or later!!

Sue

Dru said...

I don't like insomnia...I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight.