CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Tail

God bless Bill. He checks on me daily, brings cake when I'm sad, dinner when he sees I'm not bothering to cook and just really enriches my life. He and Vito were like brothers, and I'm grateful for his presence in our lives.

And, he's not afraid of anything.

Not long ago I greeted him at the back door. We barely exchanged hellos before I pulled him inside and pointed to the coat closet. Then, my finger dropped lower, to the spot where the edge of the door almost meets the tiled floor.

Something peeked out from beneath the door.

Bill didn't catch on right away. His brow furrowed, then he asked, "What is it?"

"A tail."

Then, he got it. Chuckling, he shooed me into the kitchen while he removed the tail's owner from the mousetrap.

Mice. A fact of country living, but something that doesn't much thrill me.

Bill? He's not afraid of anything. Thank God!

5 comments:

Shearer's Girl said...

Good thing you've got Bill!

Kathleen said...

What a great neighbor!!

Dru said...

I'm glad Bill is there to remove those annoyances.

Anonymous said...

That brings back memories from my Hyden days - we had plagues of mice and they used to jump out of drawers (clothes)!!!
Good on Bill.
Aussie Jude

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Bill!

Sue W.