CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Tango at Midnight

I’ve been working on my JaNo novel, Tango at Midnight. I began the writing adventure much later than the other participants but I’m hopeful that I’ll catch up eventually.

It feels great to be writing again. This non-writing stretch, from early December to just a few days ago, is the longest I’ve endured in years. I say endured because, although I was in an overwhelming, busy whirlwind, I felt truly tested each day that I didn’t put thoughts to paper. I was lost without my characters and stories to keep me company. It’s funny, isn’t it? I feel more at home with myself when I’ve got a work-in-progress.

Anyhow, Tango at Midnight is going well. It is the story of a woman who, despite her attempt to escape the past that irrevocably changed her, must return to the place that she fled from. Of course she must confront the man who hurt her, in the process reclaiming the part of herself that she has neglected during her years of flight. And just to add a bit of…I don’t know…intrigue to their situation, a body (maybe two!) will show up in an unexpected place and send everyone into a tailspin. After all, what’s a love story without a body?

If you’re interested, follow the link on my profile page to the JaNoWriMo blog. There are a bunch of interesting authors working hard to write 50,000 words by the end of the month over there. Lots of fun posts about the stories behind the stories, as well as a glimpse at the lives of those who write them.

So I'll be writing this weekend. What about you? Any plans you'd care to share?

4 comments:

Dru said...

I love your tease for A Tango at Midnight. I'm also glad that you're back to writing.

Not much planned for the weekend, but one never knows what may happen.

Have a good Friday.

Melissa McClone said...

Good luck with JaNoWriMo. I'm flying to Sacramento on Saturday for an Irish Dance feis with my oldest and will be home Sunday night. A very quick trip!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about being "behind" in JaNo, some of us ::cough, cough:: are posting NEGATIVE progress.

Stinkin' delete key.

Diane Craver said...

Like your title - good luck with the writing.

Going to Amanda's b-ball game and trying to stay warm. Also daughter from college is on her way home.