CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Catching Up

This weekend I began to sort through some of the huge stack of mail that came while my husband was in the hospital. Along with the usual bills, fliers, catalogs and junk mail there were some lovely surprises!

Of course there were lots of Christmas cards to open, which we did. I get such a kick out of the cards with photographs in them. Don’t you? I love to see how children change from year to year, or how families spend their vacations at Disneyland or on camping trips. We got one card with a photo that showed friends on a raft, their kids grinning from ear to ear and mom and dad looking like they forgot to bring sunscreen along. We smiled, and for a moment we felt like we were along on the trip, too.

One bundle contained books from Melissa. Thanks Melissa! What a wonderful surprise! Who doesn’t love finding books in the mail pile? I sat right down yesterday and read one while Hubby slept…it was a glorious escape from what’s been going on here. I feel renewed, and entertained, and grateful for Melissa’s kindness.

Normal things. We’re beginning to do normal things, like open the mail and eat food that doesn’t come on a hospital tray or from a vending machine. Slowly, but surely, life is getting back to what it was, and it feels fabulous.

How did you spend your weekend? Anything you’d care to share? I know I'm kind of late, but I'm trying to catch up!

2 comments:

Melissa McClone said...

I spent Sunday running around and getting ready for a dinner party. Saturday was a swim meet. I'm drawing a blank on Friday.

Enjoy your books!

Dru said...

I don't remember what I did this weekend. Hmm, I don't think that is a good thing.