CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Settling In Slowly

Happy Friday!

I don't have anything much to talk about. Life here is still kind of low-key but we're getting back to "normal" slowly but surely. Honestly, I'm just tickled to be feeling more like myself.

I'm itching to begin writing again but since I've signed on for National Novel Writing Month I don't want to start anything long. But I'm considering working on a short story this weekend, and I'm more excited by the prospect than I can even say. I've missed writing, in a big way.

Oh! And NaNo? I've recruited a new November writer! My friend Judy is going to give it a go. I'm so pleased she's decided to focus on her writing, even if only for a month. She has a wicked sense of humor and I'm sure it's going to come out when she sits down at the keyboard. I'm planning to nudge her right along so she'll remember how much pleasure writing gives her. I know she can do this! I just hope the title of her NaNo book doesn't turn out to be How I Killed My Friend for Bugging Me to Write a NaNo Book.

So...odds and ends on this Friday. My plan is to try and catch up with emails, then write for a bit if my eyes hold out. I've heeded the doc's orders to limit computer time so I've got a ton of emails to answer. If yours is one of those, please excuse my neglect. It has been unavoidable but as I said, things are looking up here. :)

Yesterday there was some snafu with posting comments. Sorry! I've reset all the comment settings so hopefully there won't be any glitches today. Fingers crossed!

What have you got planned for this chilly Friday? Anything you'd care to share?

5 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I feel pretty silly talking to myself but I wanted to see if the comments box works. Looks like it does!

:)

Happy Friday!

Wendy said...

Ah, Friday! Gotta love it. Hubby & I are looking forward to fish & chips by the ocean after work tonight. Nothing like great company and melt-in-your mouth halibut.

Dru said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I'm working on a quilt project which I'm excited about because I don't know what quilt block to use and I only want to use two colors and can't wait to see what I come up with.

Have a great weekend!

Melissa McClone said...

I tried commenting the last couple of days and the comments didn't work! Glad whatever gremlin is now gone!

Have a great weekend!

Marianne Arkins said...

Glad you're better just in TIME FOR NANO! WOOT!

*g*