CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Grocery shopping 101

Hubby and I have always done our grocery shopping together. We don't always like the same things but we've never had a problem co-existing in the same grocery cart. In plain terms, he pretends not to notice my cookies and chocolate and I don't make faces at his fish and meat.

Last week we were in the bakery aisle, choosing bread. I had a loaf of crusty Italian bread. He had...something else.

"What do you think about this one?" he asked, holding up a grain-laden, sliced loaf. "I think I'm going to get it."

"Fine," I said, placing the Italian bread in the cart. I had visions of eggplant subs smothered in tomato sauce and cheese and my mouth watered. Hubby placed his loaf beside mine. I concealed a shudder. "As long as I don't have to eat any."

He grinned, knowing full well I wouldn't eat even one slice of the ninety-grain, good-for-you superbread. "Why not?"

"Looks like bird food."

His laugh could be heard all the way to the frozen food section.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! My bf and I argue over cereal believe it or not. We've had some heated discussions in the Wal Mart aisle! Maybe we will just get two boxes from now on.

Jennifer W.

Dru said...

Too funny.

Kara Lynn Russell said...

My mother hates going grocery shopping with my father. She says he adds too many things to the cart. After they sold their farm, he got a job at - you guessed it - the grocery store. There's no escaping him now when she goes shopping. :)
Kara

Melissa McClone said...

The hubby and I shopping together is a recipe for disaster. We have totally different ideas about what a shopping trip should be and what bought. The only time we ever run into the store together is Sunday morning after church and then it's brief. One of us would rather sit in the car than go in together!

Anonymous said...

We call that kind of uber-grain bread, Say-Hello-To-Your-Colon Bread.

;)

Marianne Arkins said...

My DH is all steak/potatoes (or hot dogs and beans)... I am mostly vegetarian and madly in love with veggie Italian dishes and a mass of odd veggies. I am the only one in this house who eats eggplant or mushrooms.

He goes to the store and gets Doritos, white bread and natural casing hot dogs.

Ugh.