CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I missed you!

Hi all!

First off, please accept my apology for simply disappearing for the last week or so. It was completely beyond my control but I'm still sorry. I missed you all!

What happened? Without scaring you with all the gory details, a week ago last Friday we learned that I am apparently much more allergic to something than we'd previously believed. When I came in contact with said allergen I became very ill, very fast. It was all very scary but things are on the upswing now and I'm sure I'll feel even closer to "normal" with every passing day.

Oh? All of the stuff I wanted to get done on Monday, the day I posted despite feeling like ground chuck because I was too stubborn to give in to my body? Just so you know...I didn't get any of it done. Nope. Not a thing. I guess that just shows that we can make all the plans we want. It doesn't mean they're going to be carried out, does it? At least not when we think they will!

The hard part is going to begin for me when I'm really feeling myself. Why? Well, the doctor didn't exactly send me on my way with a wave and a smile.

Doctor's orders? More sleep. Less work. Less stress. No skipping meals. No caffeine.

I was all right up until the "no caffeine" part.

No caffeine?

You know what that means, don't you? No chocolate!

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, life is going to change but I can't complain. At least I'm still sitting here, visiting with all of you. And grateful for every minute of it.

Happy Sunday. :)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're okay - I was about to send out a search party.

Love & hugs!

Dru said...

I was concerned when I didn't see any posts from you. Make sure you listen to the doctors.

{{{Sarita}}}}

Kara Lynn Russell said...

I'm so glad to know you're all right. Hang in there and get better. There's always white chocolate, isn't there?
Kara

Marianne Arkins said...

I had to go totally caffeine free for a couple of months -- I survived, but it wasn't easy. Good luck (and candy corn helps).

I have a magnet on my fridge. It says, "People plan, God laughs".

Pretty much says it all.

Hang in there!! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Sarita!