CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 06, 2008

An aster a day...

Last week I shared that we'd planted another mum in the yard. I just love mums!

Dru asked if it would live through the winter. Unfortunately mums don't flower through the winter here in the northeast. They die back beneath the snow but in the spring they begin to grow again. By this time next year, the mum we planted last week will be flowering again. Not bad, eh?

This is one we planted a couple of years ago.


Yesterday we planted asters.
They're like mums;
they die back, then grow again.
Can you tell I've got a thing for purple?
:)

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I love asters! I found some of the deepest, purest purple I've ever seen... **sigh**

Anonymous said...

I wondered what these were. My sil has some growing in her flowerbeds. They are gorgeous. I can see why you like them!

Pam

Dru said...

I'm learning so much about plants and flowers. I love your asters. The purple is such a peaceful color.