CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Homeowning 101

Ah...the joys of homeownership. There always seems to be a project either in the planning stage or underway. Hubby and I work really well together (even with power tools in hand!) so we actually enjoy the around-the-house do-it-yourself projects.

We've got one in the works right now. It involves:

Local trees.

I stood and watched this for the longest time.
The sound is deafening but the aroma makes it
well worth it.


A very small sampling of what we've got on site.

They're going to be gorgeous when they get where they belong!

Have you got any home construction projects going on? Or in the works?

I'll show you our latest when the final nail is in place. Until then...I've got to grab my hammer and head back to work!

5 comments:

Dru said...

Thanks for sharing the tree/wood process. It's a lot like quilting, taking the raw material and creating a beautiful project.

The only home improvement project that needs to be done is painting, hmm, now that I think about it, I need to get my kitchen cabinets done.

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha...just a small sampling! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Aussie Jude

Marianne Arkins said...

Have fun! DH wants to hardwood the upstairs little foyer thing that is at the top of the stairs, and the stairs themselves.

I dread him doing the stairs. I'm a klutz and will most assuredly fall down them on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

I never know what you're going to be up to! I am incredulous. Shaking my head. Wow. You guys are good!!!

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

Good luck with your project!