CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday fun

A few years ago I wrote a non-fussy little book called B is for Breakfast. I don't know about you, but breakfast is one of my favorite meals--but I don't like to spend hours in the kitchen in the morning when I'm hungry. Immediate--or almost immediate--gratification is the key. So, some fast, simple recipes that turn a ho-hum morning into something a bit more interesting. One of my favorite recipes from the book is this one. We're making it this morning. Why don't you try Morning Cake at your house this fall morning, too?

Enjoy!

Morning Cake

3/4 cup milk
½ cup flour
2 eggs
3 T. granulated sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. orange zest
1 chopped apple
confectioner’s sugar

In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients except the apples.
When batter is smooth, add the apple pieces.

Lightly grease a round cake pan.
Pour the batter into the pan.

Place pan in a pre-heated 450-degree oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving.

2 comments:

Dru said...

I like this recipe, it looks simple and easy. I don't like cooked fruit, but already I have an idea to use chocolate chips or cinnamon swirl instead.

I hope you're feeling better and have a good weekend!

Sarita Leone said...

Great ideas, Dru. I think this would work just as well with chocolate or a sprinkling of cinnamon and brown sugar. I'm going to give the cinnamon swirl a go...maybe add raisins for Hubby.

I hope you enjoy the cake. It really is yummy.

Have a nice weekend!