CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here and there

I've been trying to catch up on my blog reading these past few days. It's wonderful to get up to speed with what my on-line friends have been doing. I'm so jazzed by what's up in everyone's world! It seems like everybody's got lots going on. I'm inspired! I want to make popcorn, watch movies, buy a winter coat, read (and re-read!), write and attack my flower beds.

*Sigh*

So many fabulous ideas here and there...but only so many hours to each day. But I've got to admit that when Dru posted about her trip to a fabric store and purchase of a fabric panel, my creative mind got working. I actually love those fabric panels because they're so versatile. I mean, they have visual interest built right in. All that's left is to decide how best to use the panel.

A few months ago I bought one covered with cats. My aunt is a cat lover so I thought of her instantly when I saw the panel. I decided to take a fast, easy route and made a small table runner for her. There were nine or ten squares in the panel but I cut them apart, made blocks from the ones I thought she'd most enjoy, then stitched the whole kit and kaboodle together. It took less than an hour to construct and was a fun project.

Now that Dru's reminded me of the always-popular fabric panel, I'm going to head out and see if I can't track down a couple of interesting holiday-themed panels. I've got lots of ideas brewing for those, so hopefully I will find some pretty ones.

I love it when I'm lucky enough to get a great idea from someone else. What about you? Don't you love it when someone inspires you? And, has anyone inspired you lately?

Thanks, Dru!





3 comments:

Dru said...

aaawww, thanks Sarita.

I'm laughing because as I'm reading this I was saying to myself, ooh, I would love to see what you did with the cat panel.

I'm still at a lost for what to do with my panel, but the table runner idea sounds good. Thanks for the idea.

I love getting ideas or inspiration from my friends. Just a little nugget and something wonderful is creative.

Good luck in your search for holiday-themed panels.

Melissa McClone said...

I stumbled across a forum with ideas for Christmas presents to make. I got so excited and then realized I have no time to be thinking about this. That was a little disappointing, but I really need to get the book done and my hands taken care of first!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What a great table runner and and ideal gift for a cat lover! Beautiful.