CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

"Writers write."

Over and over, time and again, until the words are etched onto the inside of a beginning writer's skull, the mantra is repeated.

"Writers write."

A basic truth designed to get those with a desire to write to actually sit down and put words to paper. In a lot of cases, it works. For some, though, no measure of admonition or encoragement will bring forth a writer where there isn't one or where the commitment required to write simply doesn't exist.

I read this article this morning. It's not as if I needed to be reminded she's a real writer, it's just that I'm loving it that even the brilliant, world-famous writers do what we beginners strive to do. And it all goes back to those two words. Writers write.

Works for J.K. Rowling, doesn't it?

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see what she does with crime!

Now, back to writing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I envy your commitment! and I can't wait either for Ms. Rowling's crime stories.

Anonymous said...

I confirm. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.