CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Step Forward

You may have noticed I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking recently. I've been sharing recipes, hoping you might find some of them useful.

It took me a while to get back into the kitchen but now that I'm starting to find my way among the pots and pans, it feels really good. Vito and I cooked together every day and we spent so many wonderful hours in our kitchen. Months ago I couldn't stand the idea of being in the space without him but I'm slowly getting back to finding peace mixing, baking and cooking. I think he'd want me to feel good in the kitchen again. Who am I kidding? I know he'd like it.

Figuring out how to cook in smaller quantities is still a challenge. I try to cut back but consistently make way more than I can eat on my own. So, the freezer is full. And the neighbors are getting fat! No, not really, but they are tasting some of the extras. So far, no one's complaining so that's good. Eventually I'll learn how to cook less, but for now it's just okay to be wielding my spatula again.

Baby steps, right?

I hope you have a peaceful day. Any plans for this blustery day?

3 comments:

Dru said...

No plans except work.

Dr. Laurence Brown said...

Plan the work accordingly. Thank you

Melissa McClone said...

You're taking all the right steps!

I have lots to do today. Wishing I just had a quiet day at home, but soon I'll be out and about!