CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 04, 2011

Reading?

I've spent many quiet hours lately, cuddled in a soft quilt before a roaring fire. It feels good to relax after the busy summer. And, I'm loving falling into some fabulous stories.

Last night I finished a great book. I'd read it before, found it on the bookshelf and (after giving it a dusting!) fell into it all over again. Hmm? The book? Oh, right! Sorry!

Sunshine and Shadow is one of the Benni Harper mysteries written by Earlene Fowler. I love the way this author writes. Her characters are amazing, coming to life so realistically I feel as if I know them all. Gabe, Benni's hunky man, is smart, caring and hot, besides. Dove, her grandmother, is persnickety enough that I love her. She cracks me up, which is a very good thing. And Benni? I just always think she's doing what a lot of us do--juggle many things without stopping to worry whether she'll drop any of the balls she's got in the air. This book is particularly fun because it goes back and forth between different times in Benni's life. I liked that aspect the first time I read this book. I liked it again this time.

It's good to know my taste in reading hasn't changed much. And enough has happened since I first read this book that I forgot a lot of the story so it was like reading it for the first time. Today I'll peruse the bookshelves again, and see if I can't find something interesting to dive into.

What about you? What are you reading?

I wish you a peaceful day!

1 comments:

Dru said...

~~waving hi~~

I hope you have a peaceful weekend as well.