CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Them's Soggy Words!

It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning.


I hate to be a weather reporter here, but it's a big story in Upstate New York. It's raining--hard--which is something this already flooded area definitely does not need.

Yesterday I looked at the creek across the street. It's calmed down some but isn't back into its banks yet. There's still water in yards, garages and even flowing straight through a family's barn. Straight through. As in it's made a river through their building.

Now, more rain. Heavy. And we're already very splishy and splashy here. Sheesh.

You know what I'll be doing today, don't you? That's right. It's all about the book here this week. Yesterday I did manage to can tomatoes and make some applesauce (mostly because I'd filled one sink with tomatoes and apples!) but otherwise I kept my behind in the chair and my fingers on the keyboard. Today, more of the same.

Maria asked if I have a deadline in my head for finishing. I always do. And this book is about two weeks ahead of schedule because I've been so determined to make it work. I've just been single-minded about finishing it. I know I've got to do this, for so many reasons.

Maybe it's the old get back on the horse thing, I don't know. I'm just sure that my getting through what's going on in my life includes my successfully completing this book. Actually, I usually work much more quickly. I've given myself permission to meander a bit on this, recognizing I'm grieving so the added pressure of the "normal" deadline shouldn't apply. This book is longer than any other I've written, too, so I've added a bit for that. Still, I hoped to be done by October 1st but plan to be writing "The End" by this time next week. Fingers crossed!

I hope I'm not boring the heck out of you with all this book talk. I don't mean to. It's front and center in my head now and, thankfully, pushes even the sound of heavy falling rain to the background.

What's new in your world? Whatever you're doing, I hope you're staying dry. Have a peaceful day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just so glad you are writing again. it must be hard. stay with it!

Sue W.

Maria Zannini said...

I think you're doing great. So many people wallow in grief until it consumes them. You're living life and I think that would make your hubby proud.

Jess said...

It's hard to think you are getting more rain. When will it end in your part of the country?

Dru said...

I heard there was a tornado upstate..was it near you?

I love that your book is coming along and I can see you smiling as you type.

sharon said...

rain rain go away!

Shearer's Girl said...

Two weeks ahead - that's brilliant! Hope the weather improves, the last thing you need is more rain.