CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Help Wanted

Ho finito.

I'm finished.

Yes, it's true. I'm finished. The book is done and I'm tickled. Woo hoo!

What a journey this book has been. I wondered whether I'd be able to do it without my sweet man sitting within sight while I put fingers to keyboard. I won't lie; it wasn't easy. But I did it. And, I'm so glad. I have no doubt I had him here every step of the way. He's just, as my old friend Ray recently said, taken a seat with a better view. I love that thought.

Thanks for all your kindness and support. You can't imagine how many times your faith in me has kept me moving forward. You're all amazing!

So, now I'll catch up on life. There's a stack of unopened mail. A pile of packages the FedEx and UPS guys have left. I've hauled them inside but they are in a heap near the back door. The house? Oh, Lordy, the dust bunnies are huge. They could start a sorority and take over the place! Definitely time to get cracking on catching up. And, everyone who's left messages on the answering machine? You're on my to-do list, so hang on, okay?

First, I need to ask for help. Not easy for me to do, but I need a hand. Or maybe two. More specifically, I need eyes. I'd like a set of eyes to give the first few chapters a read through, just to maybe catch anything I've missed. If you think you might be willing to do this, I'd sincerely appreciate the help. Just email me and I'll contact you with the details. Thank you!

Now, off to tackle the mail. And the dust bunnies. And, maybe, to make some cookies for a very special person.

What about you? What's on your to-do list?

Wishing you a peaceful Tuesday!

5 comments:

Dru said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations on finishing your book.

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!I am so proud of you, my friend! And you had to know I'd be putting my hand up to be a volunteer reader. Bring it on.

Mary said...

Congratulations Sarita!!!! Vito is smiling in Heaven. I am soooo proud of you!!

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh.. good job you!! Looking forward to seeing the next book of yours in the stores. :-D

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yay! Congrats!!
(If you still need a set of eyes, I'd be happy to read a few chapters for you)
jennifer AT jennifershirk DOT com