CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Gifted

Yesterday I received a wonderful gift. It warmed my heart. Soothed my soul. Brought peace. Laughter. Contentment.

Hmm? What did I get? Something that is so important.

Friendship. That's right. I was blessed by the gift of friendship.

A friend spent the day with me. We took care of some business. She supported me during a trying experience. She listened. We laughed. We cried. We spent time together, and it was exactly what I needed. Her kindness, attention and compassion lifted me high.

I think we sometimes forget how precious the gift of friendship can be. We take our friends for granted, assume they somehow know what we think and how we feel. To a point, it's true that a dear friend knows the connection is always in place. But, it never hurts to bring the gift of friendship front and center.

I am grateful for this wonderful woman and the day we spent together. The sweetness of the afternoon will linger in my mind and heart for a long, long time.

And, did I tell you she fed me cake for lunch? Now that's a true friend!

What's new in your world? Thanks for spending a few minutes with me today. I'm wishing you a peaceful day!

6 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

That's the best gift of all. But that gift goes both ways. In order to have a friend, you have to be one too.

I'm sure she thought herself blessed to know you too.

Jess said...

I'm so glad you have such fabulous friends. Maria is right. You have to be a good friend to have a good friend.

sharon said...

Such good news!

Wendy said...

Your day yesterday sounds completely perfect!

Anonymous said...

Your day sounds so peaceful! Just the thing you needed i'll bet.

HUGGS,
Sue W.

sharon said...

great!