CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

Oh, Mother Nature... How I marvel at your warped sense of humor. Three inches of new snow today, eh? Hmmph!

Aside from the annoying snow covering the spring flowers emerging in some of our flower beds, life here on the farm in fairly quiet. Nothing earth-shattering going on here, thank goodness. Just calm and peaceful...

Aside from Sunday night's flooded bathroom incident. But let's not go there. The ceiling has stopped dripping, the solution is on its way and I've stopped screeching like a banshee so let's just move along.

Today I've got a foot-long to-do list so I should get cracking. After I get the chores checked off my list, I plan to do some sewing. Not having huge success with the change purses. I've got the pieces cut, the little rings for keys on hand but I'm having trouble finding zippers small enough for the project. I'll check out one more place before I begin to butcher...ah, adjust longer zippers to fit. I'll keep you posted.

On a more productive note, I've begun making cosmetic bags. Such fun and I love seeing them all lined up on the dining table! Photos will follow, I promise.

So, what's going on in your neck of the woods today? Got a to-do list? A leaky pipe? Sewing issues?

Hope you have a nice day!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

You amaze me, my friend. I am so impressed that you are actually trying the change purses! And I'm sure that your creative brain will find a solution for the zipper problem. Somebody has to make zippers for those little purses, right? I'm so sorry you have snow again. Wow. That's a long winter. Meanwhile, I will suffer in the pouring rain, which is just as annoying and inconvenient as the snow. Well . . . almost.

Dru said...

Sorry, but I'm glad we're not having 3 inches of snow. It's March and so wrong for Spring.

If anyone can do it, you can and I know the change purses will be a hit.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the cosmetic bags. I wish I had the sewing genes. The straight line just kills me.

I still haven't decided on the patterns but I have a feeling it'll be four patch quilt blocks or half-squares.

Have a good Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

When are you getting a shop?

Sue W.

the pushy friend!

Melissa McClone said...

Seriously, get a shop! I'm already imaging buying coordinating bags of all sizes for my girls' for Christmas! If you're up and running by Mother's Day, I'm giving hubby the url!

I showed Rose the doggy bag for Mackenna today. She was beside herself with excitement. She said Mackenna is going to love it! BTW, that pink gingham lining is too cute! So well made too. Very impressive!

Marianne Arkins said...

No leaky pipes here, thankfully, but we're also buried in snow.

You're making me itch to sew!! And I agree with the others -- get yourself a shop. Please?