CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Insomnia

I've been having a tough time sleeping. I'm told it's a common issue among those in my situation. Nights are long and I hate tossing and turning so I get out of bed and look around the house for something useful to occupy my time. Then, I get moving.

Last night? The hum of my sewing machine kept me company. My hands were busy, the hours flew by and I've got something to show for my efforts. Want to see?




I know that sooner or later I'll learn how to sleep alone. Until then, I'm determined to stay busy and productive. Maybe tonight I'll sleep. If not, the kitchen cupboards need reorganizing. Then, I've got baby quilts to tackle. And if that doesn't do it...well, I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? What do you do when insomnia comes calling?

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks to me like you have enough bags to ship out to me here! I LOVE them, and so will my customers. As for insomnia, someone once told me to go through the alphabet and think of the most outrageous adjective you can that starts with each letter. I'm usually out by E or F, once in a while I get to R or S. Worth a try!

Dru said...

Your bags are lovely. How many bags have you made thus far?

On the rare chance that I get insomnia, I find the most boring show on TV and soon I'll be knocked out.

I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Melissa McClone said...

Please put your bags in a store so I can buy one! Thanks;)

Hugs on the insomnia. I've been at that point a couple times in my life. Hot baths and warm milk right before bedtime helped me.

Melissa McClone said...

Sarita - just wanted to check in and see how you're doing!

Kathleen said...

I have insomnia too and listen to a relaxation tape and sometimes it helps. So glad to see your blogging again. I'd love to buy one of those bags as soon as you get into retail mode -- they are lovely.

Sarita Leone said...

Wendy, I'm so glad you like the bags!

I'll give your letter trick a try. It certainly can't hurt, thank you.

Sarita Leone said...

Dru, I don't know how many bags I've made. I just keep sewing, hoping that while my hands are busy my heart will begin to feel less tortured. So the bags keep coming!

I've been watching the weather channel at all hours. It works to help me sleep sometimes.

Sarita Leone said...

Melissa, thank you for your kindness as well as your sleeping suggestions. I think I'll try the warm bath tonight. Let's hope it knocks me out!

Sarita Leone said...

Kathy, you are just too good for words. You brought such a smile to my face with your presence, thanks so much for peeking in. I'm going to try a soothing music CD; maybe that will help. Thanks for your suggestions!