CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 14, 2011

This 'N That

Some Monday randomness...

Have you seen that Secret Millionaire show? I'm completely out of touch with television programming, so I have no idea whether it's a new show or an oldie, but either way I'm hooked. I love seeing people helping people.

Snowing outside my window. No surprise, that. I hope it quits before I'm forced to haul out the snowblower.

Spent a good part of the weekend sewing. My mom mentioned a zipped bag inside her handbag would be handy, so...



It stands because I tucked a book inside and have it propped in the coaster caddy. I had so much fun making this butterfly bag that...well, you know what happened, don't you?



That's right. One zippered bag seemed so lonely, so I made friends for it.

Last night brought a new bout of insomnia so I got out of bed, threw another log on the fire, turned the Weather Channel on and began to sew. Keeping my hands busy, hoping this storm will ease. Anyhow, here's the result:


I thought this was my favorite bag.

Then I made this one.

Today I plan to run the vacuum, do some dusting and mop the floors. Maybe this afternoon I'll give in to my sleepy body and take a nap. Or maybe not. I don't excel at daytime sleeping, at all, so that might just be frustrating. My birthday brought a couple of new books... Yes, that seems the ticket. Lounging by the fire, watching the snow drift down, a warm chai and a good book. What better way to spend a Monday afternoon? But first, the chores.

What have you got planned for the day? And, any bits of randomness from your weekend that you'd care to share?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my, I love the little zippered bags, which is EXACTLY what I have been looking for to put inside my handbag and can't find anywhere. You are opening my horizons to a great display idea in the store, my friend. Handbags, zippered bags, baby quilts, etc. We need to discuss the potential!!! Hope you have a completely wonderful day by the fire. It is pouring rain here (as it does all winter) and I still have to go to work. May those book-loving customers come regardless of the weather!

Dru said...

Oh you have to sell these. All of your work is beautiful and handcrafted.

Are you making these from a pattern? I really wish I could sew, let alone a straight line.

Snow? Banish that word from your vocabulary.

What are your plans for the day? Are you reading a good book? Writing your next book? or Sitting by the fire?

Have a great day!

Melissa McClone said...

Can I buy that doggie zippered one for my daughter who shows our dog and does 4H? She would love it and her birthday's coming up! Seriously, you need a store. but in the meantime, if you wouldn't mind just let me know and I can paypal you the money!

I have not even heard about the Secret Millionaire. I'll have to google it!

Sarita Leone said...

Wendy, you are such a wonderfully supportive person. Thank you!

I hope the shoppers came out despite the rain. I love perusing shops on rainy afternoons.

Sarita Leone said...

Dru, thank you. I think I'll be opening one of those handcraft stores in the near future. I hope it does well.

I have been making little bags like this since I was a girl. I remember handsewing zippers in before I was allowed full access to the sewing machine. They're really very simple, and accomodate any size zipper.

No snow today! Yay!

I've been mostly sewing. It requires no deep thought, and the hours pass pretty easily. It's exactly what I need to do right now.

Have a great day!

Sarita Leone said...

Melissa, you make me smile. I love it that your daughter shows your dog and does 4H. She sounds like a super kid. The little bag is on its way! :)

Sunday night, 8pm. Secret Millionaire is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. I don't watch a lot of television but I am impressed by the way people are quietly helping people all across the country. It's refreshing to see good acts and lots of kindness. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to catch the show.

Thanks for stopping by!