CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday Thoughts


Lately it's all about the gardens.

I've got to tell you, when you've got as many flower and vegetable gardens, not to mention the grapevines and berry patches, as we have, the list of care and maintenance chores is a long one. And springtime? That's prime time for clean-up, soil conditioning and pre-emptive weed control measures.

I don't know about you, but I sleep like the dead at night. And as far as an "exercise routine" goes? Shoveling, digging holes, tilling and stacking firewood give me more than enough opportunities to challenge myself.

I love gardening, but...

Just a little secret, between friends. I'm hoping there's a rainy day in this week's forecast. I need a day to just sit around. Relax. Read. Write. Wipe the dust off my guitar. I know, I know... That's more than an afternoon's worth of stuff. Still...

My fingers are crossed for some of that wet, from-the-clouds stuff. You know what I mean.

So, what's on your agenda for this cloudless Sunday? We're having another birthday celebration this afternoon, which will be fun. Cake, ice cream, pasta... Good thing I'm spending so much time behind the shovel!

I hope you have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Dru said...

They're predicting three days of rain, perhaps one will come your way.

Today is my machine quilting basics class and I hope it's fun.

Have a great Sunday.

Wendy said...

A baby shower for my youngest daughter today! Kelsey is due in 4 weeks and we can hardly wait to hold that precious baby boy.

It absolutely poured rain here last night, but it's clear and sunny this morning. Hope it stays that way here and the rain blows across the continent to you!