CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Trails...

to me. When I take a walk I often grab my sketch book and a pencil or two, just in case I see something I want to draw. Lots of times the pencils fall from my pockets, or I set them down in the grass and forget to pick them up when I gather my things. I've lost a ton of pencils that way.

I picture a future archaeologist wondering what sort of people lived here, and why on earth they felt compelled to leave colored pencils everywhere.

Last weekend I took the time to make a pencil roll. It was a fast, easy project and will save my pencils.


I made the pockets about an inch wide so I could stick more than one pencil into each. The buddy system method of pencil organization. *G*

I made it wide enough to have a flap. I figured that if I didn't flap the pencils in place I'd probably lose them out the top. Then, I'd be ticked off when I got home with an empty pencil roll. So, the flap was very necessary.

Finally, a length of random rick rack to tie the whole shebang closed.

Me? I'm happy. It doesn't take much to make me smile, does it?

I hope you're having an awesome Wednesday!

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ha! It doesn't take much to make me smile either. :)

Melissa McClone said...

Great idea. That would be great for nature walks with the kids when they need to sketch something!

Dru said...

I like it. Isn't it funny that I do not know how to sew, but I can quilt up a storm.

Sue W. said...

What a fantastic idea. Happy trails. ;-)

Diane Craver said...

Like what you made for your pencils - great and creative sewing project!

A smile is better than a frown. :)