CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

From the Quill

Yesterday I made a cannoli run. Now I know what you're thinking, but the box of cannolis isn't all for me. Really. I'm not kidding.

We're having friends over this afternoon. The cannolis will be dessert.

All except the two that were in a separate little white bag. Those were mine.

On the way to the bakery we saw movement at the edge of the busy, crowded highway... ahem... by the side of the middle-of-nowhere, harldy-paved road. We stopped. Thankfully there weren't any speeding tractor trailers behind us.

See it? A porcupine! Isn't he cute?

We watched for a few minutes while he nosed around in the brush. I hoped he'd turn so I could take a shot of his sweet little face but he never did.

Finally, he ambled off. He wasn't in any hurry and didn't seem put off by our presence. I don't think I'd be intimidated by many things if I had long, sharp quills, either.



Think he's in search of cannolis?

4 comments:

Sue W. said...

Wow. He's cute in a weird kind of way!!

Dru said...

I'm jealous because you see some of nature's beautiful animals.

I think the cannolis are all yours.

Have a great weekend!

Melissa McClone said...

Aw. I think they're cute!

Enjoy the cannolis!

Mary said...

How sweet!