CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 08, 2009

Leave the Gun

...take the cannolis.

Who wouldn't, right? A gun can always be replaced, but a good cannoli? Come on, we know which one ranks highest, don't we?

Around here we take cannolis very seriously. We've got to. We live in the middle of nowhere. Even driving a fair distance (a half hour or so) doesn't yield a decent bakery--no, let me rephrase that--driving thirty minutes doesn't produce any kind of bakery, so finding cannolis is a little like searching for the needle in the haystack. You know they're out there--somewhere--but unless you're willing to drive a couple of hours, they're hidden.

I've gotten pretty adept at making cannolis but that can be a pain in the behind. Sometimes you just have a hankering for one cannoli. Making them from scratch involves making enough to feed a bunch of people. And I can guarantee you that, even without a crowd, if I make cannolis they will be eaten. Mostly by yours truly, so that's not a great thing to do too often.

About forty minutes from here there's a small bakery. They sell a very slim, but yummy, assortment of goodies. Last week we were there, browsing the contents of their glass case, when Hubby spied a small plate of cannolis in their cold case.

I jumped on them like a barefoot debutante at a shoe sale.

Now I've been plagued by--you guessed it--cannoli dreams.

Today we've got a medical appointment in the little bakery town. Of course my hopes are high that I'll find a little plate of cannolis.

What about you? Do you have a sweet tooth? And if you do, is there any indulgence you crave? I've got an enquiring mind, and I want to know.

Hope you have a great Friday!

4 comments:

Dru said...

Yes I have a sweet tooth and plain vanilla cake with chocolate icing is my downfall.

Have a good Friday.

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Mmmm... warm chocolate chip cookies. But they have to be home made, store-bought cookie dough just doesn't taste the same.

But like you with the canolis, if I bake them, I know who is going to devour most of them, so I don't make them nearly as often as I'd like to.

Not that I'd ever turn down a canoli if someone waved one beneath my nose. The food is half the reason I married into an Italian family! ;o)

Wendy said...

Okay, so I've obviously led a deprived life. I've never even heard of cannolis let alone eaten one. Had to search good old Wikipedia to find out what you were writing about, and now I'll have to do a bakery run to see if such a thing exists out here! Will I regret this?

Melissa McClone said...

I'm not a cannoli fan, but my hubby likes them. I think profiteroles drizzled with chocolate sauce are one of the best things ever created. I'm a fan of most anything chocolate though!