CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Quiet...Too Quiet

My dad is back in Florida, so it seems kind of empty around here. We keep looking at each other and shaking our heads, just missing the sound of my dad's laughter. If we could, we'd keep him here with us. He is happy in Florida, though, so it would be horribly selfish of us to try and hold him captive here out in the middle of nowhere.

*Sigh*

Good news is he'll be back again in a few weeks. Actually, in August, in time to pick the gardens' bounty. He'll probably be here at jam-making time, now that I think about it. What fun we'll have! Who knows? Maybe we'll can some tomatoes when he comes back. Take long boat rides. Walk the meadows. Go searching for bears. Eat too much. Laugh all day long.

Yeah, it'll be good again. Now, though, I've got to admit I'm missing the guy. A lot.

So, what's a girl to do? I'm setting my eye toward June. Making a to-do list that will be full enough that I feel satisfied but empty enough that I'll be able to kick back and enjoy the lazy days of summer.

What about you? What's going on in your world today? Hmm?

3 comments:

Sue W. said...

It's great that you had so much fun with your father. He must be a very special man. Good thinking to look ahead instead of back!

June is one of our busiest months at work so I will be much busier than I would like to be. Kicking back sounds really good!!

Melissa McClone said...

You're dad will be back before you know it.

I'm hoping June is a very quiet month after the May we've had.

Dru said...

June is a slow month for us at work, so I'll try to keep myself busy.