CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Dandelion Wine


Here on the farm the dandelions are out in full force. I know there are people who despise them, but I love 'em. They remind me of summer afternoons, stringing chains in the sunshine with my childhood friends. What's not to love about the first flowers I chose to pick for bouquets?

This year I'm mulling over the idea of gathering a few baskets of dandelions and making wine with them. I've never done it, but the idea intrigues me.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'll let you know how this little advnture turns out!

Hope you have a lovely Monday. Me? I'm off to work in the greenhouse. Maybe pick a few hundred dandelions...

2 comments:

Dru said...

how do you make wine out of dandelions?

Marianne Arkins said...

I've thought about tea. And salad. Not wine... let me know how it goes! found instructions here: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Dandelion-Wine