CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Irresistable


I cannot resist attempting to make dandelion wine when I am surrounded by acres and acres of the yellow flowers. I have researched various sites, compared recipes and finally have an idea of how to proceed.

I think.

This morning I'm going to dash to a nearby winery and pick the owner's brains. We've discussed grapes, winemaking and vineyard tending in the past so he's no stranger to my endless streams of questions.

I think the only thing that keeps the man from thinking I'm totally nuts is the fact that I've managed to successfully root grape cuttings in my greenhouse. It's not an easy thing to do, especially in this cold climate, but I've done it. More than once. So I think he'll just smile, shake his head and figure that I've--yet again!--got an enquiring mind. I may have to bribe him with a bottle of homemade wine, but that's okay.

I figure once I get the hang of dandelion winemaking I may go on to make dandelion tea. That is, if I've still got dandelions to spare! *G*

Hope you have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Dru said...

Good luck with your dandelion wine.

Melissa McClone said...

I hope your dandelion wine turns out well! Bet you could use that in a book, too!