CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tuesday's News

Good morning everyone!

I made sure I'm not running late this morning. Hopefully I can make it up to you for leaving you hanging yesterday. Dru and Marianne were wonderfully patient when I cut and ran. Thanks! I didn't mean to bait and bail...the time just seemed to fly yesterday morning. I guess we all have mornings like that. Anyway...

My news? Over the weekend I was offered a contract from Whiskey Creek Press for a novel I wrote last summer. It is called Last Chance and is a historical western romance. Needless to say, I am thrilled! I've been walking on air since I got the email from my publisher and you know, I'm still skipping a foot or two above the floor!

Last Chance is a story that warms my heart for a number of reasons but there's one in particular that really makes me grin. You see, this book would not have been written at all if my husband hadn't turned to me one morning and said, "Hmm. Last Chance...now wouldn't that be a great name for a book?" Then, he turned and headed off for the barn, leaving me standing in the middle of the yard shaking my head and thinking. Oh yes, the darling man shoved my brain right into gear with his keen observation.

Last Chance? Yes, that would make a good title for a book, now wouldn't it?

And that's exactly how this book came to be. A random thought brought to life. Now, a contract that will bring Last Chance full circle. I can't wait for my husband to hold this one in his hands!

Yeah, I knew February was going to be a good month...

5 comments:

Dru said...

Congratulations! That is excellent news. Keep walking on air because you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Fab news! Would love to be able to get print copies of your books over here across the pond. Any ideas on that?

Julie

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Big congratulations on the new contract. Yeah!

:^) Kara

Marianne Arkins said...

Yahoo you!!

That's awesome.

And... you have the answer to the question, "Where do you get your ideas?"

Anonymous said...

Great news, Sarita. I'm thrilled to bits for you.

Aussie Jude