CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Stranger than science fiction?

It's the stuff books and movies are made of. Have you all been keeping an eye on the satellite news story? This great big satellite (which was apparently never operational) is spinning through space and will --unless something's done about it-- crash somewhere on Earth sometime in March.

Wasn't that a movie? You know the one, where Bruce Willis dies at the end and Liv Tyler cries both tears of joy and sadness? Remember?

I hope someone does something about this big piece of spacejunk before it lands. I don't want it in my backyard, that's for sure! I've got a garden to plant, you know. And unless this thing looks good with a morning glory climbing up its side, it'd better stay out of my kitchen garden!

3 comments:

Melissa McClone said...

I hadn't heard about the big satellite, but then I live in a cave most of the time and am oblivious unless yahoo entertainment happens to post it as one of their five stories that pops up as teasers or it's on aol's page of rotating stories when I check my various email accounts.

The movie you're talking about was Armageddon. It was actually a astroid/meteor hurling to earth though.

Anonymous said...

The big sat. can stay out of my backyard too. I guess I won't have much say about that though.

Aussie Jude

Marianne Arkins said...

I remember when Skylab crashed (am I dating myself?) and people were running around like Chicken Little saying the world was coming to an end.

At least we're past that...