CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Hop, skip and leap

I'm sure you all know 2008 is a Leap Year. And today is, officially, Leap Day. Every four years there's a February 29th on the calendar, just to keep the calendar coordinated with the sun's position. Every year is actually 365 days and 6 hours long, so every four years an additional twenty-four hours accumulates. So, you see, the need for the Leap Day.

Hmm...I should have an extra day, then. Right? I mean, it's got its own calendar day and all, so the twenty-four hours is sort of like a little time gift, don't you think?

I don't know about you, but I'm tickled to have an extra day. And since I didn't plan on having it, not really, I think I'm going to use it wisely. Very wisely.

Hmm? What am I doing with my extra day? Let's just say I've got an adventure in mind, one that involves me and my husband, snow and hiking boots. And a thermos of hot chocolate. And maybe a camera. How better to spend a "found" day than on an adventure with the man of your dreams?

What are you going to do with your Leap Day? However you decide to spend it, I hope you enjoy it. Remember, it's going to be another four years before we get the next one. Let's use this Leap Day well. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I"m going to mess up my checkbook today. I just know it.

Enjoy your hike. :-)

Pam

Melissa McClone said...

Have fun today!

My day will be exactly like every other one. Too much stuff to get done to use this as anything but an extra 24 hours to tackle my To List. Pathetic, but true!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo, tomorrow's the day Vineyard Mambo releases! YOu must be so excited!!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo, tomorrow's the day Vineyard Mambo releases! YOu must be so excited!!

Dru said...

I hope you have a good time with hubby.

Me, I'm looking forward to my 3-day weekend.

Your book is released tomorrow..I can't wait to order my copy.

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is the big day! Good for you. I'm with Dru, I can't wait to order my copy. As for today, I'm working but the weekend is almost here. :-)

madeline