CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Said in passing

Lately I've been lucky enough to have been exposed to lots of new things. Music. Authors. Films. Even relatives I haven't met before! It's all been great, but it's given me a lot to think about. In the coming weeks I'll share some of what's been going on. Hopefully you'll get as much pleasure out of at least some of it as I have.

Oh, but I'm keeping the "new" relations to myself. Sorry, they're just too good to share!

So I've been doing a lot of thinking recently. Ever have a time like that, when you're just preoccupied? A constant stream of new, unusual, interesting (if only to you!) thoughts? And then, without warning, someone will say something in passing that sticks. Blam! The words slap you in the back of the head and there's just no getting away from them. They're stuck. Hard and fast, like glue on your fingers or gum on a handrail.

Happened to me this morning. My friend Wendy said in passing, "2008 is the year we create." Now doesn't that give you something to think about? Wendy is good that way, always insightful and thought-provoking. Just one of the many reasons I'm glad to be her friend. :)

But now I can't get it out of my head. It just keeps playing over and over, echoing off my skull's walls ... the year we create ... year we create ... we create ...

What kind of year will you create?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me see - one of great wealth, good health and loads of happiness and I wish the same for you too.

Oz J

Allie Boniface said...

Ooh, I'm going to do more creating on the page this year, definitely! And work more on my marketing skills, too...

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh, Allie... those marketing skills... yep, I need to work on those, too!

LuAnn said...

I'm planning on 2008 being a truly super year for me. I've set some goals, specifically for reading particular books. I also have some creative projects I plan to complete this year, including some writing.