CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 04, 2008

Reading?

Since I've gotten such positive response from my "Reading?" posts, I'm going to continue to share with you about what I've been reading. Not everything, mind you. That would probably bore the pants off you. No, I'll just let you know when I've read something that's really made me take note. Something I think some of you may enjoy.

I've just finished reading The Golden Tulip by Rosalind Laker. First off, let me say I love historical fiction. Being transported to another time and place, hearing the sounds of the day, catching a whiff of the scents and feeling as if I can actually see everything ... it doesn't get much better than that. And if you enjoy those types of novels, it really doesn't get much better than Rosalind Laker.

Want to feel like you're a part of the seventeenth-century Amsterdam artists' scene? Read The Golden Tulip. Ms. Laker makes the world come alive so vividly I feel as if I've supped at the table with Vermeer, helped him chose watercolors for his tulips and felt the political and social turmoil of the day.

Like I said, it doesn't get much better.

Now, what are you reading?

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Hmmm... never read that particular author. I am clearly missing out.

Now, if I could just find time to read again, maybe I'll give her a try!

Dru said...

I'm not a fan of historical fiction, but I may check this title out.

I'm reading Infidel, a memoir as part of my reading club. This should be interesting.

Thanks for posting on my blog.

C.Gwynn said...

I am reading The Third Victim by Lisa Gardner. I just finished My Immortal by Erin McCarthy.

Anonymous said...

I've just finished reading The Faraday Girls, Monica McInerney - a great read. Just started Snowdance by you-know-who and am loving it!

Aussie Jude

LuAnn said...

I'm currently reading the book "A Recipe for Bees" and it's very good. I just finished Jodi Picoult's "The Pact," which I found to be one of the best books I've read.