CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking both ways...

Of course New Year's is the time when we all look both ways, back at the year that's just passed and ahead to the one looming before us. I'm no different. I do it too, swivel my mental gaze in both directions. Here's some of what I see as 2007 fades and '08 begins...

Both personally and professionally 2007 was a banner year for me. I figure any year that opens and closes with those I hold nearest and dearest happy and healthy is a success. So '07 was a personal success story.

On the professional front, it's almost impossible to consider '07 without shaking my head in utter amazement. I am awed, humbled and thankful. 2007 saw the realization of a dream, one I've held close for as long as I can remember. I'm just glad my childhood fantasy wasn't to become a ballerina, astronaut or circus clown. Somehow I don't see my husband being as supportive of my pursuing those careers. Although circus clown does have a certain pull to it...

Looking forward, I see 2008 like the wide, open ranges of the Old Wild West. Can you see it? Endless expanses stretching toward the horizon? That's what I see for the coming year--possibilities galore, with nothing to impede progress. Who knows where the New Year will take us? As long as my personal goals of family and friends staying healthy and happy is met, the rest will all fall into place. I'm sure of it.

What do you see when you look both ways? Whatever it is, I hope it makes you smile. Me? I'm grinning so broadly my cheeks hurt, but it's good. Very good.

0 comments: