CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

If books could talk...

I am so amused by this story! A library book turned up in a Wisconsin book drop box last month--after being gone for 57 years. The book? Northern Lights by Roger Vercei. Published in 1948, the last checkout date stamped in the book is from 1950.

Don't you wonder where it's been?

I'd love it if one of my books was checked out and not returned for nearly six decades! Of course I'd like to believe Northern Lights was so well loved the borrower couldn't bear to part with it.

The whole story is here.

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh my gosh.. that is SO FUNNY. It would be interesting to find out what really happened.

*snort*

Nicole McCaffrey said...

What a great story! Makes you wonder what well-meaning soul took the time and trouble to return it.

I find missing library books every time I clean under my oldest son's bed--but fortunately they haven't been missing for quite that long! *G*

Anonymous said...

How funny is that?
Our newsletter at work is called Northern Lights!
Oz Jude