CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Writing...Or Not?

It’s funny how even when I’m technically “not writing” I’m still writing. You would think I’d take time off from the computer screen, just back away and do something else. Honestly, that’s pretty much what I try to do—but only to an extent. The truth is, even when I’m not in full writing mode, I’m still writing.

I’ll fiddle with something I’m working on (but not technically “writing”…I know, it doesn’t make sense but bear with me, please) or I’ll write part of a chapter of a little something else I’m working on. That one? Not a “real” project, either.

I guess what’s going on is that even when I’m not focused on a particular book I’ve got several irons in the fire, any one of which I can open, mess around with, and then close until the mood strikes again. So even when I’m technically not moving from Point A to Point Z on Project Whatever, I always have something to work on.

Hmm…I guess that’s why I fumble for an answer when I’m asked, “What do you do when you’re not writing?”

Now I know the answer. I’m always writing, even if it’s just a few hours every morning. Oh, right…like this morning, I’m technically not writing but I’ve been “dabbling” for the past two hours on something that’s just been hanging around…

Nuts. It’s just nuts, I know, but it’s probably too late to change my bad habits, don’t you think?

Hope you have a nice day!

2 comments:

sue w. said...

It is probably the reason you get so much done. Your never officially 'off' LOL.

Hope things are going well this week. Hug Hubby for me!

Dru said...

our brain never stops thinking.

Have a good week.