CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Reading?

I'm finally finding some time to read. I know that sounds weird, given the fact that I've always got my nose in a book. Maybe what I should say is that I'm finally finding time to read in a leisurely manner. There, that's better.

October was such a breakneck-speed month that I felt like I inhaled a few books, in fits and starts and mostly in waiting rooms or doctors' offices. Not exactly the most pleasurable of reading situations.

But so far this month I've managed to carve out a chunk of time each day to sit by the fire while Hubby carves and just sit and read. It's been fabulous!

Yesterday I finished reading Murder With All the Trimmings by Elaine Viets. I laughed so hard! I loved it! The perfect way to begin the month! When I next get to the bookstore, I'm going to pick up a few more of her books. She's got a great sense of humor, and tells a hilarious story.

By the way, I've taken to leaving books I've just finished in the waiting rooms at doctors' offices or the hospital. I figure someone else might need a little pick-me-up moment, so I just leave them on the side tables or in the magazine holders (you know, the ones filled with practically shredded, older-than-Moses magazines. Sorry, Doc!). Not a bad idea, is it?

So, what are you reading? I've got an enquiring mind, and am on the hunt for a few good titles to add to my TBR stack. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I just finished "Soulless" by Gail Carriger and have started into some middle grade books (because we're launching a YA/MG site in Jan) -- the Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix which are remarkably interesting.

No romance, which is odd for me, but I AM going to start on the newest J. D. Robb book as soon as the library gets it to me.

Wendy said...

No romance reading for me either - at least not at the moment. I am reading "Gold of Kings", a new book by Davis Bunn, which is an absolute masterpiece of suspense, action, and well, maybe a little romance. I am making myself leave it on my nightstand so that I don't lose myself in the story when I should be doing other things!

Dru said...

I love Elaine Viets' books. I just got her latest, "The Fashion Hound Murders".

I'm reading "Kindred in Death" by J.D. Robb and love it. I just love this series.

Sink Trap by Christy Evans (plumber tips)
A Drunkard's Pathy by Clare O'Donohue (quilting themed)
Mischief in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon
Heir of the Dog by Judi McCoy

Bookplate Special by Lorna Barrett (just released)

Lately I've noticed that I'm reading more cozy mysteries than mystery/suspense titles.

I could go on and on about books. I think the above will entice you.

Melissa McClone said...

I have two books sitting on my night stand that I can't wait to start. The first was mailed to me by author Kathy Carmichael. It's by Robyn Carr. The next is a kids book by Rick Riordan that my daughter wants me to read.