CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 02, 2009

Feeding an Addiction

Yes, I, too, have an addiction. Doesn't everyone?

The object of my craving, my must-have-or-I'll-scream lust is Oreos. Yes, the cookie. I love 'em.

And you know what? Oreos really, really help get the words flowing well during Na No. Trust me, I know.

If you're feeling really decadent, try the following recipe. It's fast, easy and oh-so yummy.

And I figure the cream cheese brings the Oreo addiction into the healthy-eating range. Hey, there's calcium in that cheese, isn't there? Gotta watch those bones...

One word of warning, though. These balls may bring on an addiction in your life, too. They're that good. Enjoy!

Oreo Balls

1 package Oreo cookies
8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
melted chocolate--chips, semi-sweet, dark, white--your choice.

Crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Add cheese and mix.

Roll mixture into balls. Chill balls on baking sheet for 30 minutes.

Dip balls in melted chocolate. Chill until firm.

Store any leftover balls in fridge. *

* I just put that in for the purposes of recipe maintenance, not because I actually believe you'll have leftover balls.

And if you do? Have leftover balls? Well, then maybe you should rethink your personal addiction, because it'll mean that Oreos definitely aren't your top lust item.

Kit Kats, anyone? Or Goobers--now there's an addiction-worthy item...

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I actually have a recipe for homemade Oreo cookies that is REALLY good.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dru said...

Give me a snickers bars and my addiction has been feed.

Have a great Monday.

Melissa McClone said...

Oh, I love Oreos! Did you try the Halloween ones with the orange filling? Yum!