CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 06, 2009

Na No-ing

I have been hard at work on m NaNo novel, a Regency romance called In Name Only. It’s going well, each chapter following the idea I’ve got for it in my mind right onto the paper like magic. It’s a good thing, too, that the chapters are cooperating. Why? Because I’m trying to get the book done by November 13th.

I know, I know…I can hear you, and you’re right. It’s National Novel Writing Month, isn’t it? I’ve technically got until the end of November to finish In Name Only. So why am I writing at break-neck speed?

Actually, we have a prior commitment that begins on Monday the sixteenth. It will take all our time and energy, and is infinitely more pressing and vital than any novel could ever, ever be. All my attention will be on our commitment; I probably won’t even remember I write books until sometime in early December! Yes, life is strange, isn’t it?

By the way, if you’ve got a good thought or small prayer to spare anytime during the last half of the month, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

So…the book. As I said, it is fortunately coming along well, thank goodness! I love the characters and their dilemma. Lucie has a strong sense of family commitment, and has no problem arranging her priorities. She is intelligent, good-hearted and funny. When she meets the man who makes her heart flutter she is so involved with family issues she hardly notices the flip-flopping inside her chest. They deserve happiness, even if it pretty much does come as the icing on the cake they’re so busy trying to bake they forget to pay attention to romance…

My fingers are crossed that by next Friday I’ll have the last chapter written. And if I don’t, the world certainly won’t end but I will be bummed not to have completed the November challenge. But if I’m lucky, I’ll get to try again next November, right? By that time, I’m sure to have my characters firmly in hand and headed in the right direction!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!