CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Reading?

Oh, I’ve got a big confession to make…

I don’t get to the bookstore as often as I’d like. But really, who does, right? We book lovers could probably live at the bookstore if anyone offered us the chance, don’t you think? Seriously, though, life here has been so scrambled that I hardly ever get to the store to choose my own books. I’m grateful that my mom, godmother and a few good friends send books they think I might enjoy. It is fun to read whatever shows up, and allows me to experience genres and authors I might not have chosen on my own. I’ve gained a number of favorite authors this way!

This past week I got lucky, and found the time to dash into the bookstore. I had two books in mind to buy, and snagged the last copy of each! Whew!

Oh, what did I buy? Both books had been on my want-to-read list, but when they were recommended by two women whose reading tastes are similar to mine the titles went to the must-read list. Okay, the first book is Soulless by Gail Carriger. Marianne mentioned she read it. The second book is Mischief in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon. I read the first book in the Mudbug series when it came out, and have been waiting (it seems like forever!) for this one to hit the bookshelves. Dru recommended it which was no surprise! Dru’s reading tastes coincide with my own it often amazes me! Anyhow, I was hugely relieved to pluck the last copy of the ne w Mudbug from the shelf at our local bookstore.

I meant to pick up a Robyn Carr while I was there, because Melissa reminded me with her comment a few days back just how much I love Ms. Carr's writing, but I forgot that one. Oh, well...it gives me a first name on my new want-to-read list!

Ah…it doesn’t get much better than this. I’m in heaven, and now that my NaNo novel is done I’m so much looking forward to reading something someone else has written! The only dilemma is—you guessed it!—which book to read first? Decisions, decisions…

So, what are you reading? Anything you’d care to share?

3 comments:

Dru said...

Don't you just love it when you can't decide which book to read first? I do.

These are the latest books I've read or am reading:

Sink Trap by Christy Evans (first in cozy mystery series)
Up Close and Personal by Carla Cassidy (romantic suspense)
Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb (29th in mystery series)
Bookplate Special by Lorna Barrett (3rd in cozy mystery series)
Blood Game by Iris Johansen (8th in thriller series)
Abandoned by Cody Mcfadyen (4th in thriller series)

All were very enjoyable.

Melissa McClone said...

I'll be reading the Robyn Carr book as soon as I catch up on my page count!

Marianne Arkins said...

"Soulless" was unlike anything I've read before -- I hope you like it!

I just finished a YA book called "Compound" that was a little scary and "Bed of Roses" by Nora Roberts. Every book in this latest series of hers has made me cry. I've never had that happen with her books before... I love them.

I have three more YA books on my TBR pile: "Shrinking Violets" by Danielle Joseph, "The Bonemender" by Holly Bennett and "The Key to Rondo" by Emily Rodda. Next in my romance TBR is "A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing" by Deborah MacGillivray.

Now to find the time to read :-)

Happy Monday!